THE PRAYER GROUPS
1. Small Groups
The backbone of the National Prayer Breakfast is in the weekly Small Prayer Groups, which meet on different days in different venues in the city of Nairobi. These groups help to coordinate the annual National Prayer Breakfast.
The current groups include:
- The Parliamentary Prayer Group (Bunge Fellowship): It meets every Wednesday morning at Parliament buildings when the National Assembly is in session.
- The Boulevard Group: The group meets on Wednesday morning at the Boulevard Hotel
- Nairobi Club Group: The group meets on Tuesday morning at Nairobi club
- Muthaiga Club Group: The group meets on Thursday morning at Muthaiga Country Club
- Karen Group: The group meets on Thursday morning at Karen Blixen Hotel (Tamambo).
- Loresho Group: The group meets on Friday morning at Qaribu Inn Hotel in Loresho. It is the youngest of the groups.
- The County Prayer Groups
- Nakuru Prayer Group: Meets on Wednesdays at Merica Hotel, Nakuru.
- Plans are underway to facilitate the launch of small prayer groups in different County Headquarters across the country.
2. Men's Gathering
Another critical component that forms the building blocks of the National Prayer Breakfast is the annual “Men Gathering.” This annual gathering brings together some 100 men for four (4) days of relaxation, rejuvenation, reflection and reconnecting with self and friends. The Gathering takes place at the Great Rift Valley Lodge, Naivasha, during the second weekend in September.
The Gathering is an “invitation-only” event and for men only.It brings together men from the small groups, their friends and associates, as well as other strategically invited national leaders. The Gathering is known as a “safe space” where the truth is spoken candidly in love. Although there is no formal agenda, there are important speakers guiding of the conversations. About ten percent of the participants are International invitees.
See more photos for The Men's Gathering