At the heart of AYLF is the dream that African leaders will know how to reconcile relationships, speak the truth without being religious or divisive, see people without labels or stereotypes - loving each other and those they lead – while serving with integrity.
To be a movement of friends and nurture a new breed of African leaders, based on the leadership qualities, values, and principles of Jesus of Nazareth. Examples of that kind of leadership would be the likes of Julius Nyerere, Mahatma Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, Wangari Maathai, Martin Luther King Jr., William Wilberforce, Mother Theresa, Lord Shaftesbury, Abraham Lincoln, Anwar Sadat and others of their kind.
The Core of the AYLF Vision is “a new breed of leaders” – with largely 2 main aspects:
1. Leaders who can work across the lines of all that is creating division and alienation in our nations.
2. Leaders who are value based. Women of virtue and Men of Integrity – who can be the ‘salt and light’ in their generation
- The work is done simply in the name of Jesus under the auspices of a national leadership drawn from business, industry, politics, academia, and religion. It’s not done under the name of any particular organisation or religious group.
- The work relates to all people regardless of their religious affiliation - Christian, Muslim and others.
- The work is anchored in the Values, Principles, Precepts and the Person of Jesus.
- The work flows out of and is based on long term com- mitted relationships among those involved.